Change is coming to how we get the radio we listen too. Radio listeners will go from having 10 choices on their radios to thousands. Good times, good times.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Restful and ActiveResources

Rails 1.2 is going to be released within the next few days. Sadly, ActiveResources didn't make the cut and is not included. We've been working with it a bit at work, and I can understand why, but still I'm looking forward to seeing it in wider use.



I saw DHH talk about it at Rails Conf back in June, so I know that he is fired up on Rest/ActiveResources. I'm guessing that it will be a hot topic after 1.2 ships.



Rest/ActiveResources is an alternative to RPC/Soap. The basic concepts behind the two are fundamentally difference, with my preference being the Rest approach.



Rest is better because it is OO, while RPC is procedural. Active Resources actually allows the programmer to interact with remote objects natively in the current application.



If you want to bone up on Rest/ActiveResources, try these links -

Ryan's Scraps



And a couple of podcasts - sd.rb







powered by performancing firefox

No comments: